Friday, April 25, 2008

New Revelation

Digging into the word and pressing in more and more to God is sooo rewarding. Lately, I have been getting so much revelation from the word of God. I have also received new insight at a few of our church services lately. For example, knowing that the word of God is God talking directly to us! Man, that is so exciting and makes my time in the word so much more fun! Today I was reading Deuteronomy 28 and applying that principle to my reading made me get so much out of it. God tells us to listen obediently and obey his voice and when we do it, we will receive blessing.
I have also become more aware that if a prophecy is given out loud to no one in specific we can take hold of that and stand on it! It has made me become so excited because now I can take action and stand until I see that manifest!
Jake and I have also decided that we will be becoming more cautious about not only what we say but also what we let into our ears. Some t.v.'s shows just have a tiny bit of negativity in them but you know what, that still gets into our ears and we still hear it. We have committed that whenever we watch t.v. if there is a word of negativity it is time to turn the t.v. off or change the channel. I am just realizing how important it is to guard ourselves and it is up to us to do it.
God is so cool and walking with him is such an AMAZING adventure! Everyday is so exciting and I LOVE being able to hear from God at any and all times of the day!
So what new revelations have you gotten lately?

2 comments:

nicolie y said...

That is soooooooooo awesome, Sheena!!! I know, tv affects my emotions! And if it is something unwholesome, there is just something that grieves my spirit. Jeff and I rarely watch tv...unless it's the food network because we LOVE to cook together! Love you Sheen!

Anonymous said...

Prasie the Lord! Gloria Copeland was at our church Sunday night,it was awesome.Just what you said Sheena it is time to not be like the mediocrity of the world and except trash on tv. It is called turn it off if you want to hear Gods voice to the fullest.Years ago when I heard this I thought nice to know Im not the odd one after all but the world sure trys to make you feel that way, they just dont have the revelation yet.Thank you Jesus,