Monday, March 17, 2008

Learning tools

Lately, Jeremiah gets read a book almost every night. He has become so interested in it. It seems as if he digests everything that is in each page, studying it intently. We have been reading him books like, " What Happens When I Talk to God" and "In Him Confessions." Also, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?" as well as others. We like every parent I am sure, want him to be so intelligent. We are really working with him even though he is so young. We even watched a Baby Einstein sign language video with him and we did the signs to him. He just observed us. I love how children can take everything in and eventually they will do it as well. Watching Jeremiah has reminded me how important it is to live our lives out according to the word because everything we do will effect our children. Just like Jeremiah lies back and so eagerly watches our every move and listens to us reminds me of how we need to be with God. We need to eagerly heed his word and listen to what he has to say to us. Having a child makes me realize what child like faith is really about. They trust you with everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE! Having children opens up a whole new revelation into the things of God doesn't it? I love the Lord and how He entrusts us to raise such special gifts! You guys are AWESOME parents! We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so excited!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, makes me want to cry,Yes your so right Sheena.

Anonymous said...

Kids are little faith creatures. They were created to believe! In fact today in the heavy rain, Evan said that Nate made a comment in front of Matthew (while on the phone I think) that it was raining cats and dogs. You guessed it...Matthew looked at Nate and said, "It's raining CATS and DOGS???!!!!" Ahhh, the faith of a child. I love that. But it also presents us with an awesome responsibility to put the right things into them to believe, doesn't it? You two are doing a great job of that!!! Love you!!