Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm Ready

I am so ready to just finally do whatever it is God wants me to do. I don't want to be lukewarm in my faith. I want to pursue him wholeheartedly. I want to do anything and everything that God asks of me. I am ready to do it. I am ready to take it on. Yesterday, we had an incredible guest minister and she was talking about how in other places saying that you are a Christian is something that has real meaning. It means you are ready to give up your life, ready to get persecuted and arrested. Whatever it takes to take a stand for Jesus you are ready to do it. I then look at America and how so many times people just say they are a Christian. Do they really know what that means? Would they really be willing to give everything up to serve him? Would they be willing to die for him at anytime? All I know is I am willing and from now on I am going to take being a Christian seriously. We have so much freedom here. We can read our word freely, we can pray with others on the street. Others are not able to do that but they would love to freely do those things. So why is it then that we don't get in our word and study everyday or why are we not always willing to pray with others? It's time that we recognize the freedom we have and do something with it rather than just sit back. The guest minister said something that stuck with me. She said, "when you are obedient to God, you could be touching millions of people." Imagine that touching millions of people because we just took a step and obeyed what God told us to do. I don't know about you but I am so ready to take those steps and do what God tells me to do. I don't want to sit back, I want to be in on the action. I want God to use me.I want him to wake me up in the middle of the night to pray. I just want to be consumed by him. I am ready, are you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! A hungry heart for Him. That's what He's looking for. You are not only going for it, you are going to walk in it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! God is truly AMAZING! Thank you Jesus! Amen Amen!Im working on getting back there Halleluha!Love you