Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hungry

Lately, God has been really dealing with me about going to prayer at church. I have been putting it off because I have Jeremiah and I didn't want my focus to be on him. I have decided that it is good for Jeremiah to be exposed to prayer and I am just going to bring him to prayer. My absolute two most favorite things to do are to worship and pray. I love to pop in a Hillsong DVD or whatever and just worship. I love to pray and that is one of my passions and I need to get more on top of that. I am so excited for this new journey and it is so exciting to me that Jake and I get to raise our son in a godly environment, leading by example. Isn't that amazing how much influence you can have on your child's life? You can chose whether they grow up in the things of God and that is exactly what Jeremiah will be growing up in. Train up your children in the way they shall go and when they are older they will not depart from it!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's one reason I am so excited to have to kids! To raise them up in a Godly apmosphere and to see them grow in the Spirit! It makes me so excited! What a cool thing God has entrusted us to do, raise up our children to follow Him and accomplish His plan on this earth!

Sarah Dee said...

That is sooo good Sheena! I bet you have a gift of intercession for people too! And yes definitely bring J-Man to church, it is soooo good for Him to be around and no one is ever too young for God to work through and in them. Man, that is so awesome I am so excited for you! I think when I come up, we should all pray together sometime! THat would be fun too! so much can happen in the spirit... I love you Sheena!

Anonymous said...

It's always a "tricky" balance between following God's plan and balancing that with taking care of your kids... but I've found that if I just trust Him and do what He's leading me to do, He takes care of the details.
There have been quite a few times I've brought my boys (after learning my lesson with Chayse) to prayer with me and God just took care of them (they were so good during it and even if they weren't - there was just the grace to help them) AND I got so much more out of that prayer time (even if they weren't as good as I'd like them to be) because I obeyed my Father in going (even though I may not have wanted to in the natural because I wanted to stay home and take care of my boys).
So all that to say (sorry for the huge run-on sentence) trust in Him and He'll direct your paths!
I have to add as well - I'm proud of you for being so quick to obey with going (and bringing him) instead of having to figure out later that you should have brought him.
And you're right - it is exciting to know that you get to train your child up in His presence at such a young age! There's a book I'm reading called "They Told me Their Stories" and there's a story about a little girl that would go to the revival meetings in Azusa and "play" in the glory cloud and just "breathe" in the presence of God and how it made such a lasting impression of God's goodness on her life! You should read it - it's so encouraging to your spirit and as a parent!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord it is the best gift you can give your child!!Just be led God will do the rest just ask. Love ya