Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mornings at the Schlegel's

Every weekday morning Jake and I wake up at 5am! We make latte's and then sit down together. We each get in the word for ourselves and then we speak scriptures over our family and our situations such as finances, health, the plan of God, etc. We then pray together! I love mornings at our house! I am so thankful for such a devoted husband who will get up at 5 am with me and spend time with God! Seriously, this is making a HUGE difference in our lives! I LOVE it! Speaking the word is so powerful!
Another little tid bit is the other night I put on a Hillsong DVD while I was cleaning the house and Jeremiah was playing. After a I finished cleaning Jeremiah and I sat together and were singing the songs and worshiping God. Jeremiah has learned how to raise his hands and as we were worshipping God and watching the DVD Jeremiah was bobbing up and down and raising his hands! It made me realize what an influence we have on our children! It is amazing! I am so thankful to have God in our lives!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are doing an awesome job of parenting and you will live to see the fruit of your labor. THAT will be fun!!!

Anonymous said...

How awesome! It's great having time in the Word and pray together. Speaking the Word is SO powerful, especially w/ your faith mixed into it! You KNOW something in the Spirit is happening! It makes my Spirit man SO excited!
Isn't is awesome seeing your kids tender to the things of God?! Just this morning Matthew came into the great room singing, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, where?...................." He was smiling so big. It made me thing how cool it was to see him tapping into and listening to his SPIRIT! Living SUPERNATURALLY the way God wants us too!!! :)

nicolie y said...

That is awesome!!! Sounds like fun mornings! Ethan used to do that too where he'd raise his hands when worshipping...now he likes to dance and jump around and head bang instead! hahaha